School fee payments are made in 10 monthly instalments due at the end of each month, from January to October; fees are charged in local currency and non-compliance will accrue interest.
Families are entitled to the following discounts: 2 children 10% 3 children 15% 4 children 20% 5 or more children 25%
An additional 10% will be added to above discounts for British families and for families of former students with proof that one or both parents attended The British Schools for a minimum of eight years. This applies only when two or more children are enrolled.
If you have any additional questions, we will be glad to receive you during our office hours from 0800 to 1200 and from 1300 to 1630, Monday through Friday.
- Tuition fees are billed in advance in ten consecutive monthly payments which are payable by the last day of the month of invoice as follows: 31st January, 28th February, 31st March, 30th April, 31st May, 30th June, 31st July, 31st August, 30th September, 31st October. Parents are advised that children may be refused admittance to classes through failure to comply with this rule.
- When acceptance of vacancy takes place the year before, an entrance fee must be paid to confirm the enrolment. If acceptance takes place during the school year, an entrance fee and the corresponding quotas should be paid prior to entering The British Schools.
- School fees not paid on time will generate a debt that will accrue interest, which will be fixed periodically by the School in accordance with the maximum ruling legal rate.
- A guarantee deposit equivalent to three quotas of the ruling annual tuition fees may be exacted. These are refundable when the pupil leaves The British Schools.
In the case of absence due to prolonged illness or absence from Uruguay, tuition fees will be charged as follows:
a) Up to four consecutive weeks of absence, full tuition fees will be charged.
b) Thereafter, half of the prorated tuition fees will be charged for continued absence.
- Fees for external examinations must be paid before the examination is taken.
- Annual fees paid before 10th February will benefit from a special discount.
Fees can be paid in all branches of the banks shown on the invoice in the box marked "Bancos Disponibles". When payment is made at automatic cashiers, the “Nº de referencia” which appears in the yellow box on the invoice should always be included while following instructions. Please keep this receipt plus the bank ticket issued by the machine. In “Saldos Pendientes” (if any) you will find the overdue statement of the account up to the date printed. If you have any questions regarding the above, please contact the School on 2600 34 21, ext. 128.
Automatic Cashier Time Banco Itaú / Recaudadora ($ - 9517410) 1000 - 1900 Banco Itaú / Recaudadora (U$S - 8523327) 1000 - 1900 Scotiabank – Pagos Colegios 24 hrs. Santander – Pagos Colegios 1200 - 1700 Santander (Casa Central y Ag. Arocena) 24 hrs. BBVA – Pago de Servicios/3702347 1000 - 1800 HSBC 24 hrs. At the Bank Cashier Time Banque Heritage ($ - 062563/10) 1300 - 1700 Banque Heritage (U$S - 062563/70) 1300 - 1700 Scotiabank – Pagos Colegios 1300 - 1700 Santander – Pagos Colegios 1200 - 1700 Bank Direct Debit (*) Through the Internet Banco Itaú Santander Banque Heritage BBVA HSBC Scotiabank
* (forms must be previously signed at the bank)
Notice of Withdrawal
Parents or guardians are required to give three months notice in writing to the School's Administration Department prior to removing their child from The British Schools - failure to do so would result in one quota of the annual tuition fees being payable.
The School is entitled to request the removal of a student, or to refuse to re-enrol a student for the following academic year. The British Schools retains the right to make such a decision independently, at any moment, and without explanation.