The British Schools is a vibrant community of learners. Students are well-rounded, intelligent, enthusiastic and respectful.
The Mission of The British School's community is to:
- Form self-confident, creative, inquiring, discerning, fully bilingual students who will strive to develop their talents to the best of their abilities.
- Strive for the highest standards, providing the educational environment and infrastructure to help students to achieve excellence according to their potential in academics, arts and sports, while recognising individual differences and needs.
- Instil the importance of all human values (including moral, aesthetic, spiritual and social) in all aspects of personal growth and physical development.
- Encourage and promote a sense of belonging, a deep rooted pride and affection for the School as an Institution, its traditions, School Spirit and institutional memory.
- Instil in students the finest aspects of Uruguayan and British values and culture, such as a sense of justice, self-discipline, tolerance and civility, while also offering them the best possible preparation for life in an intercultural setting within a global community.
- Develop in students a sense of profound empathy and an awareness of their responsibility to their community and the need to use their gifts and experience for the good of the world.
PERFICE - be thorough
The learner profile provides a long-term vision of education. It is a set of ideals that can inspire, motivate and focus the work of schools and teachers, uniting them in a common purpose.
INQUIRERS - We nurture our curiosity, developing skills for inquiry and research. We know how to learn independently
and with others. We learn with enthusiasm and sustain our love of learning throughout life.
KNOWLEDGEABLE - We develop and use conceptual understanding, exploring knowledge across a range of disciplines. We engage with issues and ideas that have local and global significance.
THINKERS - We use critical and creative thinking skills to analyse and take responsible action on complex problems. We exercise initiative in making reasoned, ethical decisions.
COMMUNICATORS - We express ourselves confidently and creatively in more than one language and in many ways. We collaborate effectively, listening carefully to the perspectives of other individuals and groups.
PRINCIPLED - We act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness and justice, and with respect for the dignity and rights of people everywhere. We take responsibility for our actions and their consequences.
OPEN-MINDED - We critically appreciate our own cultures and personal histories, as well as the values and traditions of others. We seek and evaluate a range of points of view, and we are willing to grow from the experience.
CARING - We show empathy, compassion and respect. We have a commitment to service, and we act to make a positive difference in the lives of others and in the world around us.
RISK-TAKERS - We approach uncertainty with forethought and determination; we work independently and cooperatively to explore new ideas and innovative strategies. We are resourceful and resilient in the face of challenges and change.
BALANCED - We understand the importance of balancing different aspects of our lives - intellectual, physical, and emotional - to achieve well-being for ourselves and others. We recognise our interdependence with other people and with the world in which we live.
REFLECTIVE - We thoughtfully consider the world and our own ideas and experience. We work to understand our strengths and weaknesses in order to support our learning and personal development